Commercial IT Partner
Your new company
My client is a Progressive and Dynamic Top 100 firm with an entrepreneurial spirit. Rapid growth in the last decade has led this approach and their bold industry moves, embody the firm's ethos which is to think as big as their clients do. Their strategy is to differentiate themselves and incentivise their people to retain and attract the best talent in the industry to become a law-led business services group through diversification. With 45 heads in the Reading office, they have expansive growth plans to double this number over the next couple of years by growing organically, with the right people who are committed to progression and development.
Your new role
The team needs a Senior Commercial Solicitor/Associate who is looking for their next step up or Partner who is looking for a change. The successful individual will act as a subject matter expert alongside other senior lawyers in the provision of commercial legal advice in all its forms. The role will require and involve the management of a team of lawyers both in terms of pastoral care and career development as well as technical supervision. The role will require involvement in many of the firm's strategic plans in terms of tech developments but will also embrace the traditional client facing commercial legal work.
The role holder will be expected to take ownership of general commercial legal issues and to oversee the work carried out by Solutions Centre paralegals such as TSA's; IP transfers and licences/assignments; Supply of goods/Services etc; Warranty negotiation etc. In addition, the role will involve extensive client contact and for many clients, being their "in-house lawyer". It is strongly recommended that any interested candidate meets with the firm at an early stage to have an exploratory conversation about the role given its non-traditional nature.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will be expected to have experience in the following:
- General commercial contracts from service agreements to agency and distribution agreements to outsourcing;
- All forms of IP protection and exploitation such as licences, assignments, collaboration agreements and IT procurement and service provisions
- Due diligence of both commercial matters and IP/IT matters relevant to corporate transactions
- Running commercial projects of all types
- Proactively supporting BD initiatives/campaigns with an ability to engage with clients about their business/industry/market
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Sound legal knowledge
- Excellent commercial acumen
- Ability to maintain and develop client relationships
- Attention to detail
- Organised with time and documents
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Commercial IT Partner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly