Legal Counsel - IT + Commercial (Surrey) - Circa 3-7 yrs PQE
Our client is a publicly listed services business operating in over 40 countries employing over 500,000.
Reporting to a Senior Group Legal Counsel within the Group Legal team, the Group Legal Counsel will advise on a wide range of issues relating to operations and activities and have day-to-day responsibility for the duties and accountabilities listed below on the projects on which they are working.
- Provide legal advice to the Group head office functions (including Tax, Treasury, HR, and Finance) with a particular focus on supporting the IT team
- Draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts including IT contracts such software licences, SAAS contracts, IT outsourcing and services agreements, system integrator contracts, consultancy contracts, IT supplier standard terms and conditions etc
- Advise on multi-country master services agreements with key global clients of the Group, and supply agreements with key suppliers and providing commercially focused legal advice to various business and functional teams worldwide on a wide range of commercial agreements
- Ensure that all legal advice is provided proactively and within relevant deadlines, is business focused and takes a balanced approach to the risks involved to ensure risks are managed appropriately. Ensure that the appropriate governance is adhered to in respect of all matters, including ensuring all appropriate approvals are obtained
- Provide general legal advice in respect of commercial law, employment, real estate, intellectual property, competition law, data privacy, insurance and general third party and intra-group agreements; supporting the Group Legal team on litigation matters and ensuring legal documentation complies with laws, regulations and best practice
The successful candidate will be likely to:
They will have had good training gained either in-house or at a respected law firm.
Please note the reference to such PQE is a guide only.
Competitive salary + car allowance + bonus beyond market norm (target 22% / capped at 30%) + 18% pension