Commercial Lawyer, 3+ Years' PQE & Regulatory Lawyer, 3+ Years' PQE
The England and Wales Cricket Board, “the ECB” is the national governing body for all cricket in England and Wales, supporting the game at every level – from grassroots to professional. The ECB is a high calibre organisation underpinned by strong values, it has significant ambition and recognises the important role it plays in positively influencing social cohesion and inclusion.
The ECB is growing its legal team and two exciting and distinct opportunities have arisen for talented lawyers, one a commercial role and the other a regulatory role. The roles will be based at the ECB’s headquarters, Lord's Cricket Ground in London, and report to the Director of Legal and Integrity.
These fantastic roles will offer a breadth of interesting legal work, early responsibility and the opportunity to positively contribute to the ECB’s wider organisational objectives.
Responsibilities for the Lawyer (Commercial) role will include:
- Advising on all commercial and non-contentious matters, instructing and managing external counsel as appropriate.
- Drafting and negotiating contracts including in relation to sponsorship, player agreements, relationships with stakeholders, technology and suppliers.
- Advising on ECB competitions such as The Hundred.
- Advising on intellectual property and data privacy related matters, to both protect and generate revenue for the ECB.
- Collaborating with the wider legal team to support on regulatory and contentious matters.
The successful appointee in this role will have worked with autonomy on a breadth of commercial contracts matters and have previously been exposed to IP and data privacy issues.
Responsibilities for the Lawyer (Regulatory) role will include:
- Providing legal advice to the ECB on all regulatory and contentious matters and managing disputes as required.
- Drafting and advising on ECB rules and regulations.
- Providing legal support on safeguarding and integrity matters including discipline, anti-corruption and anti-doping.
- Assisting as required with the investigations relating to and the management of disciplinary cases and potential regulatory breaches.
- Working with the Director of Legal and Integrity on areas connected to the ECB Regulatory Committee.
- Providing corporate governance advice to the ECB.
- Collaborating with the wider legal team to support on commercial and non-contentious related matters.
The successful appointee will have knowledge and understanding of integrity matters, have worked with commerce and industry clients and ideally gained experience in managing disputes to successful resolution, with autonomy.
In addition to the above, both the successful appointees will benefit from strong academics, recognisable training in private practice or an in house equivalent and be at least 3 years’ PQE*. You will be a qualified solicitor with the ability to work as such in England and Wales and possess strong interpersonal skills. You will have excellent business and practical judgement, enjoy integrating with a wide variety of stakeholders and seek to provide solution orientated advice.
Previous experience of working in-house (whether on secondment or permanently) is advantageous but not a pre-requisite.
For a confidential discussion and further information, please email the ECB’s exclusively retained consultant, Lucinda Youtan at Pure Search**:
*individuals with greater or less PQE than stated, who possess relevant skills and experience for this role will be considered and are encouraged to apply.
**all third-party referrals and direct applications will be forwarded to Pure Search for consideration.
More searches like this
- Company/Commercial In-House 4-6 Years jobs in London (Central)
- Information Technology In-House 4-6 Years jobs in London (Central)
- Intellectual Property In-House 4-6 Years jobs in London (Central)
- Litigation/Dispute Resolution In-House 4-6 Years jobs in London (Central)
- Media/Entertainment/Sport In-House 4-6 Years jobs in London (Central)