This is an internationally recognised law firm who are one of the premier offshore commercial litigation practices, and are looking to expand its team in Hong Kong by recruiting an enthusiastic associate with 2-5 years post qualification experience to assist on a diverse spectrum of Cayman Islands and British Virgin Islands contentious matters, including shareholder and limited partnership disputes, unfair prejudice proceedings, winding up proceedings, derivative actions, fraud and asset tracing claims, ex-parte applications for urgent interim relief, and all other aspects of offshore contentious work.
The successful candidate will be involved in advising mainly Asian based clients, including on issues arising out of distressed investment vehicles, in particular hedge funds and private equity funds.
The role offers an exciting opportunity to an ambitious and hard working associate to join an established but growing team in an international law firm with first class reputation.
- 2-5 years PQE gained in a reputable law firm or financial institution, with a strong international firm training and background (onshore or offshore).
- Common law qualified, preferably England & Wales.
- Experience in commercial litigation or arbitration.
- Ambitious, hardworking and a good team player.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Chinese language skills preferred