Private Client & Trusts – Senior Associate / Partner (Guernsey)
Our client is an international law firm with growing reputation across the offshore legal market. With offices spanning the Channel Islands, Caribbean, Europe and Asia, they offer clients a partner led, comprehensive range of legal services of the highest professional standards. A genuine competitor to many of the larger firms, they are achieving increased market share through delivery of high-quality advice and the fostering of strong relationships with clients that include some of the world’s leading financial institutions, international businesses, trusts and funds, as well as HNW individuals and families globally.
Their award winning International Private Client and Trusts practice is now looking to recruit a senior lawyer in Guernsey, either an established Partner or Senior Associate (with the ability to make the transition to partnership in the short term).
In this role, the successful applicant will support and participate in the growth of the department and the development of the firm as a whole. With at least 8 years' post qualification experience (Solicitor or Barrister) you will provide legal advice on a wide range of matters, demonstrating a resourceful and proactive approach to client relationships and driving business development. You will have knowledge of drafting offshore tax structures, and ideally possess experience gained in the Channel Islands or other offshore jurisdictions. Key responsibilities include:
- Working autonomously in advising clients on the full breadth of trust and foundations matters.
- Establishing private trust companies/private trustee foundations.
- Drafting supplemental trust instruments including advice around chain indemnities.
- Advising on pension trusts or a willingness to upskill in this area.
- Advising on regulatory matters which impact upon trustees such as CRS, FATCA, Beneficial Ownership Register and Register of Trusts.
- Drafting trusts with reserved powers and bespoke protector committee provisions.
- Providing accurate, informed fee estimates, ensure such estimates are updated where scope of work changes and handle billing conversations with clients.
- Contributing to the development of Know How and precedents when drafting complex documents.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues and leading & mentoring team members.
- Taking the lead on business development and marketing through the implementation of individual and group initiatives.
The Private Client & Trusts team have an outstanding reputation and have developed what is a profitable, growing practice which offers the successful applicant an excellent opportunity to make their mark in a fast growing, innovative and supportive law firm. In all cases candidates will need to be genuinely ambitious and keen to develop a long-term career alongside motivated and collegiate colleagues.
To learn more about this and other opportunities we are instructed on, please send your CV in confidence to email@example.com apply directly via this website.
More searches like this
- Banking/Finance Private Practice Partner jobs in London (Central)
- Company/Commercial Private Practice Partner jobs in London (Central)
- Corporate Private Practice Partner jobs in London (Central)
- Financial Services Private Practice Partner jobs in London (Central)
- Funds Private Practice Partner jobs in London (Central)