Part time Company Secretary
- Report to the Chairman and CEO and liaise with board members (including the Non Executive Directors) on all Corporate Governance matters
- Organise and prepare agendas and papers for board meetings and committees
- Take minutes, draft resolutions, and lodge required forms, confirmation statements and accounts with Companies House
- Follow up on actions from meetings
- Oversee policies, making sure they are kept up to date and referred to the appropriate committee for approval
- Maintain statutory books, including registers of members, directors and secretaries
- Contribute to meeting discussions as and when required, and advise members of the boards and audit & risk committee on proposed corporate governance policies and changes in legislation
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and take appropriate action, including ensuring compliance of the Group with the new corporate governance reporting requirements for private companies. Develop and oversee the systems to ensure that the Group is compliant
- Liaise with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors
- Take a role in mergers and acquisition activity
- Minute meetings with the trustees of the Group's pension schemes
- Assist with compliance with reporting obligations and information gathering
- Act as line manager for and mentoring the Company Secretary Assistant
The sucessful candidate will have worked at Company Secretary level previously.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.