Legal Counsel, Private Equity 4+ years PQE
Our client is a leading global investor focused on mid-market Private Equity and Infrastructure. They are looking for a lawyer to join their Private Equity team in a business facing and varied role reporting directly into the Head of Legal. Responsibilities include:
- Supporting the business’ investment activities, including day to day general advice and active involvement in transactions working alongside external lawyers
- Assisting in the managing legal risks arising in the Private Equity business through use of established processes and otherwise
- Development of legal products and practice relevant to the business and sharing of best practice across the business
- Selection and performance management of the business’ preferred law firms
- Maintain key relationships with investment staff at all levels, other lawyers within the business and other support functions e.g. Finance, Group Compliance, Group Secretariat, Taxation
The ideal candidate will have between 4-8 years’ post-qualification experience gained in a major international law firm or in-house legal function, have experience of a variety of corporate transactions preferably including private equity and/or infrastructure transactions and an international background or credentials, e.g. experience of working in more than one jurisdiction, are highly desirable.
As part of EJ Legal’s candidate registration and care process all successful applications are responded to within 14 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We may keep your details on our system on a confidential basis for future opportunities. If you would prefer us not to do this, please let us know.