Senior Legal Counsel & Local Compliance Officer - Benelux
Is a world leading Medical Device business.
- The Senior Legal Counsel & Local Compliance Officer provides legal support to the Benelux regional organization in commercial business support matters, corporate and M&A, data privacy, supporting business strategy and assuring compliance with corporate guidelines and local law.
- Adapt, implement and direct the company’s compliance program and its key concepts and procedures.
- Act as an accessible, visible and available subject matter expert for the business in order to assist the assigned business in their effort to comply with all applicable rules.
- Coordinate the compliance program in the Benelux region
- Manage a wide range of transactional legal business support matters, including contract review, drafting and negotiation.
- Advises the management, business and general operations directly in the following areas:
- Commercial law incl. public procurement law
- Corporate law
- Regulatory matter
- Competition law
- Data privacy, data protection and cybersecurity law
- Co-ordinate other legal issues, such as labour, litigations, etc. with outside legal counsel
Location: Near Antwerp or near Roosendaal
Requirements of Candidate:
European qualified lawyer with significant post-qualification experience of legal practice advice as an In-house Counsel of an internationally/global acting enterprise. The ideal candidate will have advanced skills in negotiating and advising on complex or high value/ risk matters or in specific practice areas. Good knowledge of M&A and corporate laws, compliance, commercial laws, contract laws and further business related laws and regulations. Fluent in Dutch and English is essential. Legal work experience from Pharma, Medical Devices, or Biotech is essential.