Legal Counsel (Football Regulation & Litigation)
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George's Park.
To provide proactive legal support to The FA Group across a full range of contentious, regulatory and non-commercial legal support issues, including focused support to the Women's professional game.
- Protecting the organisation from litigation and reputational risk.
- Providing legal support to the Women's Football department and in particular the Women's professional game.
- Delivering robust legal advice in an efficient and effective manner across the full range of The FA Group's contentious and non-commercial legal support requirements.
- Providing legal and disciplinary support to the England national teams.
- Drafting and advising on FA rules and regulations.
- Advising on FIFA and UEFA regulatory matters.
- Providing proactive legal support to the Legal & Governance and Football Operations Divisions.
- Providing advice on player status matters.
- Providing support to the safeguarding team on legal issues.
- Providing focused instructions to external counsel when authorised to do so.
What we are looking for
- 3+ years working as a qualified solicitor at a major law firm and / or corporate.
- Must be able to demonstrate a breadth of relevant contentious legal knowledge.
- Ability to provide clear and concise written and oral legal advice.
- Excellent planning, prioritisation and time management skills.
- Ability to deliver robust legal advice in a practical manner.
- Able to work and deliver under pressure.
- Adaptable and keen to work with a wide range of internal clients and external stakeholders.
- Good understanding of the structure of professional football and different football stakeholders.
- Previous experience of sports law.
- Experience of dealing with arbitration.
- Previous in-house experience.
- Previous experience of instructing external law firms.
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
Please apply through our FA Careers site: https://careers.thefa.com/jobs/vacancy/legal-counsel-football-regulation--litigation-wnsl0021/79/description/