In House Risk Lawyer
Role: Risk & Compliance Lawyer
Salary: up to 80,000
Location: London (occasional overseas travel)
Hours: Monday- Friday: 9:30am-5:30pm
We are working with a top 20 UK firm who are currently looking for a Risk Lawyer to join them on a permanent basis. This role will be to provide risk and compliance support to the firm’s COLP, General Counsel and COFA as well as the wider business.
The successful candidate will work alongside other in-house a Lawyers in the firm’s Risk & Compliance team, and will ensure the firms professional standards of conduct are applied. This firm is looking for someone who has experience working in a Risk & Compliance team in a leading law firm and who has a working knowledge on the SRA handbook and other risk issues.
Tasks will include:
- Developing and promoting internal risk management policies and procedures
- Monitoring and encouraging compliance with statutory and regulatory rules and best practice.
- Promoting and developing of a risk management culture across the firm
- Working with fee-earners and business service departments to help them understand and mitigate risk
- Assisting with the regular review and updating of the firm's policies and procedures, risk registers, breach registers, compliance plans, engagement letters and another documentation and records
- Helping to design and deliver effective training and awareness programmes and materials for lawyers and other staff
- Providing guidance to partners and other fee-earners in response to risk queries in relation to engagement letters and other contractual documents, including the review of key client terms and proposed service level agreements
- Getting involved with implementing and designing new systems
- Meeting with other key stakeholders within the firm to share ideas around compliance and regulatory issues
To be considered for this role, you must:
- Have a legal qualification and a 2:1 or higher in your university degree
- Have worked within a Risk & Compliance team for at least 3 years within a well-respected law firm
- Be confident with your presentation skills and the delivery of training
- Be comfortable with traveling overseas to international offices
Please note: It’s Career Legal’s policy to reply to all successful candidates within three working days. If you have not heard back from us within that time, please understand that your application has not be successful for this role.