Senior Legal Counsel 6+
My client is a large Technology business based in Solihull, West Midlands they are seeking a Senior Legal Counsel to join their In-house team and advise on a broad range of commercial and IT matters.
The business holds and processes an extensive amount of data and their legal team provide a vital service in ensuring compliance with all regulatory and legislative requirements across the business. Reporting to the Head of Legal, whilst also working independently, the Senior Legal Counsel will have responsibility for;
* Providing the business with strategic and commercial legal advice, including negotiating, drafting, and reviewing a variety of commercial contracts, in particular IT contracts.
* Providing legal advice and support to the Bids teams
* Providing comprehensive legal advice on Data Protection
* Identifying and managing risks across the business and supporting the implementation of mitigating processes
* Partnering with colleagues across the business to develop, implement and improve policies and processes to mitigate legal risk for the organisation
* Develop and coach the wider business on legal issues
* Assist the Head of Legal with managing key relationships and managing the legal budget
The role would suit someone with at least 6 years PQE, and candidates will demonstrate their confidence in managing large transactions and supporting senior executive teams. You will have;
* Experience in Commercial Contracts (and ideally Data Protection and Corporate) from either an In-house or Private Practice background
* Understanding and knowledge of IT and technology contracts
* Strong commercial acumen and the ability to work independently
The business is a leader in its field and a transformational organisation. An excellent opportunity for a strong Commercial/IT lawyer. Excellent package on offer with solid base, bonus, car allowance, significant employer pension contribution and very generous annual leave from the outset.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us. If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page. BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.