In-House Lawyer - 12 month FTC
Position: In-House Lawyer
Company: Lane Clark & Peacock LLP
Reports to: General Counsel
Base location: London
Employment type: Full time, 12 month fixed term contract (maternity cover)
LCP is a leading independent, owner-managed pensions, investment and insurance consultancy in the UK and Ireland. We are seeking an In-House Lawyer to join our Legal & Compliance team on a 12-month fixed term contract, reporting to the General Counsel.
The successful candidate will advise on a wide range of legal, risk and compliance matters, including commercial contracts, client engagement terms, policies, intellectual property rights and data protection law.
Examples of the work you will be involved with as part of this role include:
- Reviewing, drafting and advising on client related contracts, such as engagement terms, master services agreements, non-disclosure agreements and release letters.
- Reviewing, drafting and advising on a wide range of commercial contracts with suppliers, including for IT services, software licence and support agreements, facilities services and professional services.
- Acting as trusted advisor to the firm’s Partners and the IT, HR, Administration, Finance and Business Development teams.
- Advising on policies, covering areas such as HR, Corporate Responsibility, Data Protection and Professional Standards.
- Providing guidance and support to client teams and Business Development with responses to client queries and tenders.
- Advising on a wide range of other legal, risk and compliance matters affecting the firm, including intellectual property rights, data protection law and website terms.
What essential skills and personal qualities are we looking for?
- Qualified solicitor; 3 to 6 years’ post qualification experience preferred. Other PQE levels will be considered.
- Company / commercial law experience in private practice preferred. Existing in-house lawyers will be considered.
- Strong business acumen. Ability to take a commercial and practical approach.
- Ability to work as part of a team with fluctuating workload. Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workload.
- Excellent communication skills. Friendly / outgoing personality. Able to maintain high standard of professionalism at all times.
- Strong negotiation skills with both legal and commercial issues.
- Excellent IT skills - Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Flexibility of tasks and hours covered and to travel and work from other LCP offices.
Our biggest strength is our people. We are home to talented, well-recognised industry experts and we are committed to ensuring a bright and interesting future for all.
We work with you to develop your personal skills to help you build a successful career within the firm. We aim to recruit and develop the best people who enjoy the challenge of providing the highest quality of work for our clients.
We strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability or background.
Please note that interviews will be taking place w/c Monday 29 July 2019.
More searches like this
- Banking/Finance In-House 4-6 Years jobs in London (North)
- Company/Commercial In-House 4-6 Years jobs in London (North)
- Financial Services In-House 4-6 Years jobs in London (North)
- Information Technology In-House 4-6 Years jobs in London (North)
- Intellectual Property In-House 4-6 Years jobs in London (North)