Residential Conveyancing Solicitor /Legal Executive
Solicitor / Lawyer / Licensed Conveyancer
One of South Yorkshire well respected, forward thinking and successful law firms are seeking a Conveyancing Solicitor or legal executive to join their friendly team in Barnsley on a full time basis.
A fantastic opportunity for a licensed Conveyancer to work as part of the property group specializing in residential Conveyancing. The successful applicant will handle a substantial individual caseload of transactions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To undertaking fee earning work and provide a profitable contribution to the practice area by the achievement of fee earning team targets.
- To ensure work is completed in an efficient and effective manner within the parameters of the Conveyancing Quality Scheme (CQS).
- To undertake a substantial caseload of residential property fee earning work on behalf of clients
- To ensure that files are billed promptly and fees collected in conjunction with the firms credit control procedures
- To attend client meetings and take instructions
- To generate suitable client correspondence
- To draft legal documents as required
- To comply with the firm's routine time recording, accounts and administrative disciplines.
- To promptly inform the practice head immediately of any potential problems on files
- To liaise with external organisations on client matters e.g. other solicitors/surveyors/estate agents
- To participate regularly in business development and marketing activities
- To attend and contribute to the Property Group meetings
- To undertake training and development activities to enhance knowledge/skill set and in accordance with SRA continuing competence requirements
- To undertake any other reasonable tasks to assist the practice area, as requested by the practice head
- A qualified solicitor of 3 years PQE admitted by the Law Society of England / CILEx qualified Legal Executive / Residential Conveyancer
- Previous experience in property fee earning work
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office package
- Previous experience of using a case management system (desirable)
- Ability to demonstrate excellent client care skills
- Good communication skills, orally and also written
- Ability to priories workload effectively
- Professional and well presented
- A positive can-do attitude to work and the desire to always provide exceptional client care
- Reliable, understanding and patient
- Team Player
For more information contact Robert Addy on 0114 2418030 or click apply today below