Commercial Lawyer - In-house
Our client is looking for a Legal Counsel / Commercial Lawyer with a leaning towards Technology/IT to join their busy in-house legal department. This is a varied and interesting role involving drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts and agreements. The position offers a genuine opportunity for an ambitious, hard-working self-starter to push their career forward.
Based in Bedford the ideal candidate will:
- Be a UK qualified solicitor with at least 2 years PQE
- Be drafting and negotiating commercial contracts including IT / technology contracts (such as software, SAAS, IT public procurement tenders) as well as other more general commercial agreements
- Assist with intellectual property matters
- Advise on Data Protection compliance
- Support internal stakeholders from sales, operations, finance and HR teams on day to day legal matters
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a commercial / business outlook to their work
The successful candidate must be able to point to strong communication skills and good business and commerciality skills. You will need to be hungry and ambitious and keen to push your career forward in what is an exciting industry sector
In-house experience would be desirable, but the client would consider a private practice lawyer looking to move in-house who could point to good business and commercial skills.
Our client envisages that candidates with between 2 - 10 years PQE will have the relevant skills / knowledge for this position, however this has been given as an approximate guide for applicants and our client is happy to consider the applications of candidates who fall outside of this PQE range but who have the relevant experience.
For more information on this great in-house opportunity please contact Simon Campbell at QED Legal. If this position isn't for you but you know someone who could be suitable then please let us know. We offer a reward fee for any successful referrals. For full details please see our website.