Commercial Lawyer, plus 6PQE
One of the largest employers in the Midlands is seeking a senior commercial lawyer to manage and lead a small team of lawyers; act lead lawyer and business partner to operational businesses; and advise on a broad range of complex legal matters. Full or part-time applications will be considered.
This is an excellent opportunity for a lawyer to join a leading organisation and step up into a leadership role and gain some great experience. Alternatively, you may be a lawyer operating at this level already and seeking a new challenge.
Reporting into the Legal Director you will:
- Have responsibility for managing junior members of the Legal team, acting as a mentor/coach and point of reference for them for advice on contract terms, and legal and governance issues
- Be a strategic business partner, taking ownership of the legal demands of the relevant business areas
- Build and maintain strong relationships between Legal and commercial colleagues across the organisation, including the commercial teams and senior stakeholders
- Draft and negotiate complex agreements with key clients and suppliers, providing commercially focused legal advice to various business teams
- Provide regular training to the wider business teams on legal issues which may impact the business
This is an excellent opportunity to undertake a varied role whilst having additional management and business facing responsibilities. As such this position would be suited to a lawyer who is commercial in outlook, enjoys developing internal relationships and would enjoy developing and supporting a talented team of Legal Counsel lawyers.
To be successful, you will have at least 7 years’ PQE gained in-house or private practice with experience in commercial law. Applications will be considered from lawyers currently working in leading in-house businesses as well as private practice law firms.
Applications will be considered from lawyers seeking a full or part-time role. This is a very flexible working environment with offers a great work life balance and holidays and varied and interesting work.
For further information please contact Victoria Moore at Arbuthnot Yon on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07971666134