Legal Counsel - Property Team - 15 month FTC
This is a broad commercial property role working with a thriving legal team and dynamic and growing business within the telecommunications business who are market leaders in what they do!
The in-house legal team provides commercially focused and efficient legal solutions together with risk management support across all areas of the business from property to procurement. This role will sit within a property team of 3 who all look after regions of the UK.
To provide high quality, nimble and commercially focused property legal and dispute resolution support to the business and particularly the internal and external property teams across a variety of projects in relation to ongoing management of the network in excess of 20,000 sites across all property and telecommunications issues.
- Assisting with establishing and constantly improving effective and efficient processes and policies, particularly with regard to leveraging the impact of the Electronic Communications Code
- Supporting and facilitating project activities/deliverables on all sites
- Managing and advising upon legal disputes/issues including a high volume of possession proceedings with Site Providers and other third parties in order to mitigate risks to the network managed by the business and avoiding loss of coverage
- Providing full legal support to the property and operations teams including delivering timely and accurate advice on all aspects of relevant legislation
- Advising the property teams and agents on queries and analysing the legal rights and providing strategic commercially focused advice and/or negotiating (where applicable) with the Site Providers and/or their solicitor
- Advising the business on general litigation/property/telecoms issues and general estate management queries
Supporting the legal team on all aspects of the ongoing management of the Network to include legal and administrative support to the legal and property teams (Notices to Quit, Business as Usual Lease renewals etc)
- A qualified solicitor/legal executive
- Excellent word processing skills including microsoft excel / outlook / powerpoint / sharepoint and word
- Ability to handle large workloads and to adapt and learn new skills
- Good communication skill
- Ability to work under pressure
Organised and efficient
- Experience of working in any of the following areas:
(b) Commercial or Real Estate Litigation;
(c) in house legal team and/or
(d) Real Estate.
Nice to Have (but certainly not essential):
- In-house experience
- Experience of interacting with shareholders
- Experience of operating autonomously
This is an exceptionally exciting time to join the company and you could be part of something very special with the current rate of growth!
Competitive Salary £50,000 - £60,000 dependent on experience
Flexibility/ Dynamic working available if required (1 day working from home after embedding for a couple of months)
Opportunity to join at an exciting time for the business and learn/ work with a great bunch of experienced in-house lawyers in a supportive environment.