In-house Legal Counsel
In-house Legal Counsel
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Mamas & Papas is a leading nursery brand which designs, wholesales and retails prams, pushchairs, clothing, nursery furniture and interiors.
From the Head Office in Huddersfield, Mamas & Papas looks after 30 stores and 100 trusted stockists in the UK and Ireland. With stores and partnerships in more than 40 countries around the world, wherever they are, Mamas & Papas helps customers to bring baby into their world, their way.
The company has created a new opportunity for a lawyer to join their UK head office, in the role of In-house Legal Counsel.
Reporting to the company’s Head of Legal, you will be responsible for a variety of global commercial and corporate work which will include reviewing, drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements with suppliers and business partners.
In addition, you will be involved in both contentious and non-contentious technology and intellectual property issues and trademark work, corporate transactions, company secretarial and regulatory compliance matters relating to day to day retail operations around the world.
To be considered for this role you must be someone who:
- is a UK qualified solicitor with a high quality, legal training from a respected large / medium sized commercial law firm or an in-house legal department;
- has strong knowledge of commercial contracts and / or corporate law;
- can work autonomously and with a sense of urgency; and
- can translate legal advice to all internal employees including senior management
- Regular management team exposure since sound legal advice underpins all areas of the UK and global business.
- International and multijurisdictional commercial legal work.
- Fantastic supportive and flexible working culture.
- Convenient commute from both Manchester and the North West, and Leeds and West Yorkshire.
This in-house legal recruitment assignment is being handled exclusively by Andy Balmer of our retained search consultants Florit Legal and all direct or third-party applications will be forwarded to them for consideration.
To apply, please email your CV, together with details of your current or most recent basic salary and package to: email@example.com
Apply for In-house Legal Counsel
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly