HEAD OF EMPLOYMENT - 10+ PQE - HONG KONG
Our client is a leading global law firm, headquartered in London, with an unparalleled national and international network and a peerless Employment division. Due to their continued success, a rare opportunity has arisen for an established Employment partner to join them in Hong Kong as Head of Employment. The firm boasts a superb international Employment team and their great relationships and innovation are the reason that they remain consistently ranked highly in both the Legal 500 and Chambers. The team itself is recognised especially for its work in the energy, financial services, leisure, real estate, and retail/consumer markets. They are recognised as experts in field.
When joining this firm you will become an integral part of a peerless team comprising some of the most highly regarded partners and fee-earners in the industry. The Hong Kong employment practice represents a roster of blue chip international clients on the full gamut of employment related issues including arising out of corporate M&A both public and private, private equity transactions, corporate support work as well as stand-alone business generated by the team. Working closely with the senior management this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced employment lawyer to contribute and drive the direction and growth of the department, not to mention of the office itself. In return, a generous salary plus a benefits package is on offer which befits this top of market appointment.
The successful candidate will be a qualified Employment lawyer who is able to develop and grow the employment department of this established and expanding law firm’s Hong Kong office, ensuring that the firm’s clients are satisfied and engaged with for the long-term.
- Contribute ideas and strategies for new business initiatives and revenue streams.
- Develop new business opportunities with existing clients, sell in additional services, and identify areas of improvements to meet and exceed targets.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships, working closely with senior colleagues.
- Lead collaborative efforts to develop and grow the employment department.
- Work with the COO and other departmental heads as part of a strong proactive and united management team.
Required Skills and experience
- 10+ years of experience as an Employment Solicitor at an established law firm as a partner.
- Ability to effectively manage own time and workload.
- Experience and demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organisation, including at executive and C-Suite level.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities.
- Demonstrable history of management and of supervisory experience.
- Deep understanding and working knowledge of all employment legal matters.
- Ability to analyse financial data and compile business cases.
To register your interest in this role, please contact our Director, Ben Haider on 07976 033 043 or send a copy of your updated CV to email@example.com