- Experience Level
- Senior Level
You will be responsible for :
- To manage the annual Board and committee meeting cycle so that business decisions are scheduled and taken in a timely manner
- In conjunction with the Central Team and the Company Secretary, ensure that Governors and committee members undergo induction and on-going learning
- Monitor and evaluate Wellcome's governance systems, making recommendations for improvement and implementing changes where needed, ensuring compliance with legal, regulatory and constitutional requirements.
- To provide a committee clerk service to corporate board meetings (for example the Audit and Risk Committee) as directed by the Deputy Company Secretary.
- This service to include arranging meetings, collation and circulation of papers, minute taking, ensuring agreed actions are followed up
- To work with the Deputy Company Secretary to develop a toolkit of resources to support Wellcome staff who sit on (principally, but not exclusively not-for-profit) boards, steering groups, or other governance entities
- To work with the Deputy Company Secretary to develop governance oversight of (principally, but not exclusively not-for-profit) not-for profit partnerships and organisations that Wellcome has invested in
- To be responsible for ensuring that the Wellcome Group complies with charity and company filing and other regulatory requirements
- To oversee and update the company registers and associated legal documents and ensure these are stored in accordance with company requirements
- To oversee and maintain the scheme of delegation from the Board and its committees
- To oversee and maintain the terms of reference
Experience & Skills
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Wellcome. We are committed to cultivating a fair and healthy environment, where everyone can be themselves and thrive. We are happy to discuss flexible working options for all roles. We work to ensure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible to everyone. This includes making adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. If you would like us to make adjustments during the application process, please contact us at .