Commercial Solicitor - Merseyside, Corporate/Contracts, 4+ years PQE
About the Role
We’re currently looking for a Commercial Solicitor to join our Legal team here at Matalan Head Office. This is an active and responsible role in which you’ll draft and negotiate a broad range of commercial contracts and offer advice across the business, as well as ensuring that the Head of Legal Services is kept up-to-date as required.
- Cover all non-contentious commercial work;
- Review draft and negotiate customer and supplier contracts;
- Provide pragmatic legal advice and support to business colleagues in the negotiation and completion of commercial contracts;
- Advise the business on the interpretation of commercial contracts;
- Update precedent contracts and terms and conditions as and when required;
- Keep up to date with changes in relevant law;
- Legal advice on regulatory issues relating to Matalan’s retail business
- Legal review of marketing materials to ensure legal compliance;
- Provide general legal advice on day to day operational matters;
- Suitable post-qualification experience in commercial law – ideally gained within a retail environment
- Able to handle own workload with minimal supervision
- Confident and self-motivated
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Solicitor, looking to refine their skills with one of the UK’s most progressive and family friendly retailers.
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, collaborative, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.