Financial Services Regulatory Counsel - 4 + PQE - Leading Global Bank
My client is a leading global bank looking to hire a financial services regulatory lawyer on a initial 6 month contract. The main purpose of the role is to support the build, development and launch of a merchant acquiring business.
The role will include:
- working closely with a range of project stakeholders to help identify and manage legal risks
- providing clear legal advice to non lawyers in a timely, commercial and proactive manner in order to minimise legal risks
- advising stakeholders across the project
- understanding the bank's objectives and priorities, including the markets in which the bank operates
- providing support in managing internal and external project costs
- advising on any arising queries as the project develops, including legal or reputational issues
- developing the legal risk and control mechanisms for the business to use
- identifying and managing conduct risk to deliver key customer outcomes
The successful candidate will have:
- 4+ years post qualification experience either in-house or in private practice
Experience in supporting the delivery of large-scale projects
Sound knowledge of general banking law, particularly payments-related
A strong candidate will also have sound technical knowledge of merchant acquiring, payments and payments related regulations.
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 648 6954.