Senior Legal Counsel
This is a fantastic inhouse opportunity for a Senior Legal Counsel with at least 6 years PQE. You will ideally be a Senior Lawyer with Oil and Gas & Corporate / Commercial private practice expertise looking to go in house and join a global Oil & Gas organisation or you will already be a Legal Counsel with significant inhouse experience in the Energy sector.
This international main market listed company have been leaders in energy production since the 1990s and have a premium listing on the LSE.
They have oil & gas operations across multiple geographies and are still in a rapid state of growth with a large focus in Asia and Africa.
The culture, ethos and ethics of the business stand them apart, they place people at the heart of what they do and believe in developing and nurturing talent.
As Senior Legal Counsel, you will report directly to the General Counsel.
You will be responsible for a range of responsibilities that will include:
Preparing, reviewing, reporting upon and negotiating commercial contracts, including asset acquisitions and disposals; corporate acquisitions and disposals; equity funding and corporate finance aspects/company structuring; oil and gas concessions, licences and production sharing contracts (PSCs); joint operating agreements; contracts for the provision of goods and services to the Group including consultancy agreements; oil and gas related contracts and agreements (e.g. unitisation agreements, gas balancing agreements, transportation and processing agreements, pipeline agreements, oil and gas sales agreements, FPSO charters etc.)
You will also be supporting compliance and secretarial requirements of the Group subsidiaries
and managing regulatory and disclosure obligations and other compliance matters, such as
announcements, in addition to supporting board and board committee meetings working with the
- You will be a Senior Lawyer with at least 6 years PQE
- Must be qualified as a Solicitor in England & Wales
- Relevant experience of both oil and gas and corporate/commercial legal work and advice, such experience from either one, or a combination, of a large UK private practice firm or a senior in-house position in the energy industry
- Preferably have some experience of PSC fiscal regimes and/or experience of operations in Asia, the Middle East or North Africa
- Must be fluent in English
- Any Arabic speaking candidates - this would be an advantage, but not essential
- The ability to work autonomously and effectively.
- This will be a demanding yet hugely rewarding role so the ability to handle a complex workload on an international scale is a must.
- You will be naturally driven, committed, and able to work across multi channels and teams across the firm's different geographies.
- Comfortable dealing and communication with Senior Management at the highest level.
- International travel may be a requirement.
Apply now for immediate consideration or call for a confidential discussion to find out more about this inhouse opportunity in Central London.