VP Legal Counsel - Leading Asset Manager
A leading global invsetment management company is seeking an experienced funds lawyer to join their institutional legal team. This isn't a typical institutional role - there is a unique opportunity to support one of the most high profile and growing teams within the business.
You will be a magic circle or silver circle trained lawyer, have around 7 years PQE and have ideally had some in-house experience at an asset manager. This is a technically demanding role. Technical expertise and/or familiarity with UCITS and AIF distribution and retail and wealth intermediary platforms would be helpful, although candidates with other applicable expertise and experience will be considered.
You will enjoy flexibilty in your work with the ability to work from home when required, work with an established and top tier legal team and gain exposure to a wide variety of funds working for the biggest name in the game.
Your key responibilities will be to:
- Identify, address and manage legal and regulatory risk issues arising within the client businesses across the EMEA region.
- Negotiate legally complex advisory, asset allocation services, investment management and transition management agreements.
- Provide legal support and advice on certain commercial legal and regulatory areas, including MiFID analysis, outsourcing arrangements and fund distribution.
- Commission external legal advice where appropriate (e.g. specialist or overseas advice) on areas of law that impact client business and specific business lines driven work, ensuring quality advice is delivered.
- Liaise directly with members of Legal & Compliance across the globe and stakeholders within the firm, as well as external lawyers and consultants acting on behalf of clients.
- Advise on new law, regulation and policy changes and how BlackRock's businesses, processes and documentation can best take account of this
If you are interested in hearing more about the role please apply or get in touch at email@example.com
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.