This Patent Attorney role sits with a technology driven, market leading business, experience in technology is key for the role. London based, this role is responsible for licencing as well as revenue generation.
This is a rare opportunity to work in a very strategic and commercial Patent team, dealing with stakeholders & inventors directly and taking ownership of your own portfolio. Much of the drafting and admin focused work is outsourced, freeing up valuable time.
This Patent Attorney role is based in London and involves:
Joining the Corporate Functions team at Group level you will support in strengthening our position as an admired company in the eyes of our customers, shareholders and employees.
This is a rare opportunity for a qualified (or finals-standard) European Patent Attorney to make a real commercial impact as a key part of a recently restructured global Patent team in one of the world's biggest telecommunications companies and with a UK headquarters. The successful applicant will be responsible for: providing practical IPR expert advice and education to a broad range of stakeholders including inventors, managers and lawyers; developing, managing and shaping their own patent portfolio to meet the needs of the business and to deliver value though IPR. This is your chance to put into practice the skills you have learnt, see IPR through the eyes of the owner, and to become a more complete and commercially astute Patent Attorney and broader IPR professional.
With us you will:
- Management and accountability your own patent portfolio, including maximising the portfolio value, supporting the shaping of the wider portfolio and managing the outsourcing of work to external attorneys in Europe, US and China.
- Proving expert IPR support and training to internal stakeholders globally, from both a legal and commercial perspective.
- IPR contact for key allocated projects and local markets.
- Supporting patent litigation management and monetising
This Patent Attorney role is based in London and requires:
- Qualified (or finals-standard) European Patent Attorney.
- Patent drafting and prosecution expertise - preferably in telecommunications and/or new technologies (most drafting is outsourced)
- Commercial and customer focused to ensure expert advice is impactful, pragmatic and tailored to company objectives and strategy.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, preferably with experience in influencing senior stakeholders.
- Preferably having experience or an interest in one or more of: patent litigation defence, monetising, and open source software compliance.
Competitive package and fantastic opportunity to work in a broad, commercial role with most admin work outsourced.