Head of Legal
Head of Legal
A household name on an international playing field with historic roots in Yorkshire, has an exciting opportunity for a Head of Legal.
You will be responsible for the management of the legal function and providing sound, commercial legal advice across the business overseeing and establishing contracts with customers and suppliers, as well as governance and compliance.
To be considered for this role:
- You must be a UK qualified solicitor with a high quality, legal training from a respected large / medium sized commercial law firm and ideally an in-house legal department with experience of retail/contract law
- Your experience should be a blend of corporate and commercial matters. Financial services experience is essential including knowledge of FCA rules and guidance
- You must have knowledge of data protection legislation and regulation – in particular, Consumer Credit Act 1974
- You will have strong managerial and leadership experience in order to nurture a grow a diverse team.
To succeed, the appointee will be someone who has:
- a strong commercial outlook and a “can do” attitude;
- commercial acumen with the ability to deliver advice to colleagues that is both legally accurate and commercially sensible;
- strong influencing and leadership skills; and
- the ability to challenge the status quo in a positive way and implement continuous improvement and build strong and lasting relationships both externally and internally
- High levels of responsibility, visibility and inclusion.
- Direct reporting line into the senior management team
- Autonomy to build, shape and mould a legal and compliance function.
This in-house legal recruitment assignment is being handled exclusively by Andy Balmer of our retained search consultants Florit Legal and all direct or third-party applications will be forwarded to them for consideration.
To apply, please email your CV, together with details of your current or most recent basic salary and package to: firstname.lastname@example.org