Deputy Company Secretary
A leading City based financial services organisation is seeking a Deputy Company Secretary to join on an initial 12 month fixed term contract basis. Commencing ASAP you will be given the opportunity to take on a broad remit of work, reporting to the Head of Secretariat & Governance. Salary is c£65k + benefits.
You will be responsible for:
- providing company secretarial support to the Chairman, CEO, ExCo and governing committees
- assisting in the preparation of Annual Reports and statutory returns
- advising on corporate law and governance ensuring all meetings including Council, Board, governance committees and General Meetings are in accordance with applicable regulations and best practice
- deputising for the Head of Secretariat when required
- developing good relationships with governing committees, executives and internal stakeholders
To be considered for this position you will be a qualified Company Secretary with experience in a similar role. You will be able to demonstrate a high level of technical knowledge and expertise of corporate governance requirements. Additional legal qualifications and experience operating as a corporate lawyer either in-house or in private practice would be highly advantageous.