Employment Solicitor - Locum
We are currently working with a large national law firm based in Nottingham looking to recruit for a Locum Senior Employment Solicitor on a locum basis until they recruit to the role with a permanent candidate. We are therefore looking at around 12 weeks worth of work.
The caseload will be heavily purely claimant based and you will assist with directing and leading the employment department, whilst maintaining control over highly sensitive and complex legal matters.
Typical duties required will include:
- Assisting with the management of the employment law team to include supervising Solicitors, Trainee Solicitors and Legal Assistants
- Conducting 1 to 1 meetings and allocating work and knowing what's going on in the team
- Advising on all employment matters including complex tribunal litigation, collective redundancy consultation, TUPE (Outsourcing), HR matters, equal pay issues, employment policies and procedures
- Dealing with case management of high profile tribunal litigation matters to include whistleblowing complaints and discrimination claims
- Advising on merits, prepared cases for hearing, advising on settlements and managing publicity including any press releases relating to cases
- Dealing with TUPE issues including business transfers & public sector pensions issues
- Handling cases relating to senior exits and drafting Settlement Agreements
- Instructing and liaising with external Counsel
The hourly rate is flexible depending on experience. For more information please contact Robert Addy on 0114 2418030 or click apply today.