Deputy Director, Legal
This organisation is the statutory organisation responsible for regulating it's area within in the UK. Established as a non-departmental public body in 2003, it reports to the Home Secretary.
- Provide high quality and timely legal advice to the Executive, Board and other internal clients.
- Manage and motivate the in-house legal team to provide an efficient and solutions driven service.
- Ensure that the organisation acts within its legislative remit and advise on the Industry Act or related statutory instruments.
- Ensure that the organisation can robustly defend regulatory challenges, including judicial reviews.
- Manage all corporate law matters, including employment tribunals and commercial litigation.
- Ensure the organisation can respond and manage all legal matters through the internal team or external providers to ensure all deadlines are met.
A qualified practising lawyer with knowledge or understanding of regulatory law and best practice.
Experience of successfully managing a team.
A track record of providing accurate and clear legal advice.
Experience of delivery of complex, multi-streamed programmes of work.
Senior management experience and expertise gained in a similar private and/or public sector environment.
Experience of budget management.
Understanding of the Parliamentary process and the workings of Ministers.
Experience of balancing commercial / operational considerations with public purpose.
The SIA offices are in London. The post-holde
A very competitive salary