12 month Maternity Cover
My client is a highly innovative business, operating at the forefront of new digital industrial technologies. More than 60% of their business is now achieved through ecommerce, making them one of the largest B2B ecommerce companies in the world.
Working as part of our small and dynamic legal team you will advise on a wide range of issues in a fast-paced multi-national environment. In particular, you will:
- build strong relationships with senior management across the business to provide pragmatic solutions to legal issues;
- support the delivery of the Group's innovation agenda, in particular across ecommerce, digital activities & new technologies, enabling risk-taking through practical commercially-focussed advice;
- work closely with stakeholders across the business to enable the delivery of the Group's targets, balancing multiple local legal environments to ensure that the Group undertakes its business in compliance with applicable laws and regulations (including data protection and competition law);
- drive forward the implementation of the Group's GDPR compliance programme; and
- advise on material national and global Customer, Supplier and Distribution network contracts and support the business in negotiating these contracts to a conclusion.
To be successful in this role you will be a qualified solicitor with reasonable post qualification experience and have:
- a broad technical knowledge of corporate and commercial legal issues ideally gained whilst operating as an in-house lawyer;
- strong experience of drafting and negotiating complex cross-border commercial agreements;
- experience of multi-national legal requirements and managing cross-border transactions;
- strong experience of data protection laws and their practical application in a digital business;
- project management skills and the demonstrated ability to manage and prioritise your own workload (balancing short term reactive elements with medium/long term proactive personal and departmental objectives);
- exceptional ability to respond flexibly to a fast-moving international business environment;
- the ability to analyse and recommend solutions to legal issues. This will involve balancing the need to minimise legal risk with the need to take commercial risks;
- creativity to propose and implement new ways of working and process improvements. To focus wherever possible on improved customer service and cost reduction; and
- excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex legal concepts in plain, simple and easily understood language.
A very competitive salary