Company Secretary (Top-Tier Law Firm)
Our client, a top-tier city law firm, are seeking a Partnership Secretary to join their Legal Counsel.
The ideal applicant will be an experienced Company Secretary who is ICSA qualified and ideally educated to degree level with a good understanding of good understanding of company secretarial regulations.
- Detailed understanding of how partnerships operate and the terms contained in a Members Agreement
- Well organised, meticulous and thorough but able to navigate the nuances of working in a partnership.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to converse with senior leaders in the firm and external regulatory bodies
Working closely with the Senior Partner, Managing Partner and General Counsel; the role will involve:
- Ensuring the firm complies with all statutory and regulatory requirements, e.g. Companies House filings, SRA registration and the execution of deeds, leases and guarantees.
- Ensuring that the firm’s constitutional processes and procedures are followed.
- Supporting the Board, IEC and Audit Committee to ensure agendas are agreed in advance, papers prepared and circulated to the appropriate people, minutes are recorded and actions are progressed in a timely manner.
- Maintaining the Annual Planner to ensure key events are scheduled in advance and sequenced to avoid any unnecessary conflicts.
- Providing support and guidance to new partners (internal promotes and lateral hires) particularly around their obligations in respect of the terms set out in the Members Agreement.
- Organising the Partners meeting ensuring agendas are finalised, papers circulated and minutes recorded.