In-House Construction Legal Counsel
This Global Engineering specialist is looking for an experienced Construction Legal Counsel to work for their team in-house on a huge range of exciting engineering projects spanning three continents. You will find yourself also playing a key role in the tremendous growth plans of this expanding business.
This companies ambitions are not limited to just one area of engineering working across sectors including Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Technical Engineering ,and Geo-Technical matters.
They are truly global working in over 6 countries that have all seen extensive growth in their engineering requirements. You will find yourself working on some of the world's largest engineering projects.
Their focus on excellence can be physically seen in the innovative projects they deliver that meet their clients' visions, including but not limited to; skyscrapers, hospitals, hotels, schools, airports, ports, shopping centres, sports arenas ,and city-wide infrastructures.
They cover all major sectors including but not limited to; Energy, Defence, Residential, Commercial, Aviation, Health, Hotels ,and Education.
This exciting opportunity promises a highly-varied role ,unlike any in-house role we have seen due to the massive variety of project types you will be involved in.
You will have experience of matters including but not limited to; Joint Venture Agreements, Construction Transaction Documents, Exclusivity Agreements, NDA's, Exclusivity Agreements, Sub-Consultancy, Service Orders, Corporate Actions, Tenders and Debt Recovery. This will see you working with local, national and international governments and working closely with both construction and developer clients across three continents.
In addition, you will play an integral role working at a national board & group board level in all legal matters with the General Counsel giving you excellent exposure to the highest level of matters.
You will be working alongside the General Counsel and have your own Junior team member to work with you so experience of managing a Paralegal or Junior Associate will be essential.
- You will have at 5 to 10 years' experience as a Lawyer, Legal Advisor or from a Legal Counsel perspective
- You will need to be a qualified Solicitor in England & Wales
- Relevant experience of Construction & Commercial contracts, legal work and advice will be essential
- Excellent legal document drafting skills and keen attention to detail
- This experience might have already been gained in-house but this is not essential a solid background in private practice is also fine
- Fluent in English with any other languages being a bonus i.e. Arabic/Chinese
- Ideally, you will have experience of managing Paralegals and or Junior Associates/Junior Counsel
- The ability to work autonomously and effectively.
- This will be a demanding yet hugely rewarding role so the ability to handle a complex workload on an international scale is a must.
- You will be naturally driven, committed, and able to work across multi-channels and teams across the firm's different geographies.
- Comfortable dealing and communication with Senior Management at the highest level.
- International travel may be a requirement.
Apply now for immediate consideration or call for a confidential discussion to find out more about this in-house Construction Legal Counsel opportunity in Central London.