Locum Employment Solicitor
My client is a large Trade Union in South West London. They are seeking to add a Locum Employment lawyer to their team for an on-going, locum assignment that will last until the post is filled permanently.
This post is offered on a full time basis with the client able to guarantee 36 hours work each week.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified Solicitor, Barrister or FILEx with at least 3 year's PQE or equivalent. They will be comfortable specialising and handling complex and high profile employment matters. A key focus of this role is employment tribunal work and applicants should be confident in all aspects of this type of work.
The ideal applicant will be confident and experienced and be able to pick up their caseload quickly. They will be pro-active and be excited to join such a dynamic and forward thinking legal team. The applicant will be bringing in with them a real expertise and enthusiasm for employment law.
Duties will include:
- Advising on the full spectrum of contentious and non-contentious employment law, including but not limited to: unfair dismissal, race/sex/disability discrimination, TUPE, internal disciplinary and grievance matters.
- Investigating grievances raised by employees against their employers or any of its' affiliated organisations, including town and parish councils and health trusts.
- Interviewing witnesses, analysing evidence and presenting reports of findings to the Grievance Panel.
- Defending unfair dismissal claims brought against the Council and its wider client bases, through drafting defences, advising on case merits, preparing for disclosure and obtaining witness evidence.
- Defending discrimination and whistleblowing claims.
- Attending client meetings and assisting Counsel with drafting responses to allegations.
- Advising senior management on sensitive issues
This post will give the successful applicant great exposure to complex and varied work. The post holder will enjoy a high level of responsibility with a great deal of client contact.
Hourly rate is negotiable dependent upon experience but candidates can expect an offer of between £30 - £40 per hour, dependent upon experience. (outside IR35)
To apply for this post please contact Emily Bulman at Chadwick Nott, Birmingham on 0121 200 5575 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.