Commercial Lawyer - Cambridgeshire
Our Client is a local authoriry based in Cambridgeshire
To act as Deputy to the Director where required to deliver a high quality legal service, sound governance framework, political management leading to open and transparent decision making and provide strategic legal support for the Authority and Business Board on complex legal matters relating to:
- Contracts and Procurement
- Commercial Property
- Transport Law
- Adult Education / Skills
- Administrative Law and Governance
Public sector experience is welcomed but not a pre-requisite for this role.
The successful candidate will:
- be a qualified or Solicitor or Barrister with substantial experience and evidence of up to date continuous professional development.
- Have extensive and proven experience in one or more legal disciplines relevant to the role in either the private or public sector (those practice areas being Contracts and Procurement, Commercial Property, Transport Law, Adult Education / Skills, Administrative Law and Governance).
- Have knowledge of constitutional and democratic process matters.
- Have knowledge of public sector practice, the political environment and statutory obligations across the organisation as a whole and good understanding of the statutory and regulatory framework which guides local government
- An understanding of the financial framework governing local authority activities.
- Have knowledge of information governance including protection of data, sensitive and confidential information, and access to records with the ability to apply public interest arguments to the use of sensitive information.
Competitive salary and public sector pension.