Manager- Business Conduct & Healthcare Compliance
This Manager- Business Conduct & Healthcare Compliance role is based in Uxbridge, join a global pharmaceutical business specialising in the development of medicines.
This Manager- Business Conduct & Healthcare Compliance role involves:
This role is part of the wider EMEA Legal & Business Conduct team helping the company understand the effectiveness of business processes in terms of mitigating healthcare compliance risks. A key aspect of the role is working with lawyers and compliance professionals in the team to help identify optimal and effective ways for implementing policy and advice generated by the legal team.
Job duties include:
- Support the oversight and implementation of a consistent and robust Business Conduct programme within EMEA
- Work in close coordination with colleagues both in EMEA and other regions in Legal, Business Conduct, Commercial Operations, Medical Affairs, Internal Audit, Finance, and other departments to support compliance activities in Affiliates
- Work collaboratively with other functional groups and relevant stakeholders to advance the EMEA business conduct programme
- Assessment, development, drafting and maintenance of business processes, systems and tools related to grants, sponsorships, medical education activities, promotional speaker activities and programmes, healthcare professional spend capture, fair market value and compensation of healthcare professionals and compliance with meal and other hospitality limits
- Liaise and collaborate with members of the Transparency Team responsible for healthcare professional, healthcare organisation and other disclosure reporting. Work with this team to utilise and disseminate the data gathered for disclosure to aid business decisions and to monitor for compliance
- Support the development and provision of training on processes and monitoring to the Legal & Business Conduct team and broader business partners.
- Deliver the EMEA Business Conduct monitoring programme
- Collate samples for analysis, conduct analysis, identify issues, anomalies, areas of non-compliance and produce and track appropriate resolution and key metrics
- Support design and implementation of specific monitoring activities such as field visits with the business
- Support the EMEA Affiliates in adapting and implementing the EMEA BC monitoring programme in their countries
- Follow-up prior monitoring and auditing activities to ensure issues identified and any corrective and preventive actions have been sufficiently completed in a timely manner
- Support of the review and approval of affiliate quarterly compliance reports and the production of a summary monitoring report to the EMEA Business Conduct Committee
- Provide business conduct operations support to the EMEA HQ and countries in the EMEA region (including Affiliates, collectively "Countries") on monitoring, process implementation and training
- Act as the contact point for any questions, enquiries and/or escalations from Countries for clarification concerning process related questions including corresponding clarifications
This Manager- Business Conduct & Healthcare Compliance role requires:
-Extensive compliance experience with experience gained in a pharmaceutical or healthcare business
-Compliance ethics and conduct experience
-Project management experience in enterprise-wide projects and an ability to manage multiple priorities
-Ability to influence across a matrix
-Experience with developing compliance processes, monitoring and training
-Ability to present complex information in an accurate and persuasive manner to all levels of management
-Understanding the legal regulatory framework that applies to the pharmaceutical industry and monitoring new developments (including regulations and best practices regarding interactions with healthcare professionals and decision makers). For example, laws and industry codes concerning advertising and promotion of medicinal products and anti-bribery/anti-corruption legislation)
Strong package including stock and car allowance, please enquire for more details.