In House Counsel X 2
Our client a FTSE 250 company in North Yorkshire is looking to recruit two solicitors to join their in house legal team.
For the Legal In House Counsel roles to be based in North Yorkshire the work will include
The post holder will provide legal advice and negotiate and execute contracts which will range in value, complexity and strategic importance to the Group.
The post holder will additionally, in conjunction with the Head of Legal and Group General Counsel, plan and allocate legal resource in relation to their designated area of responsibility.
The post holder is responsible for the provision of competent and timely legal advice to the relevant business unit or Group function for which they have designated responsibility and to ensure delivery of Group strategy in compliance with relevant laws and regulations. The post holder will:
- Pro-actively identify areas where they can add value legally and commercially
- Understand Group objectives, priorities and values and support alignment across business units
- Report material legal and contractual risks to the Deputy/Head of Legal and Group General Counsel
- Understand and support implementation of Group risk management and contracting policies and corporate governance systems
- Horizon scan future legal risks (internal and external) to the Group in their designated area
- Represent the Legal team at scheduled and ad-hoc cross-functional/departmental meetings as may be required
- Deliver training to commercial colleagues - internally or in conjunction with external legal service providers
- Co-ordinate advice/services provided by external counsel and delivery to internal stakeholders
For the Legal In House Counsel roles to be based in North Yorkshire candidates should apply if they are an NQ, junior, mid or senior level solicitor/barrister qualified in a UK jurisdiction. In addition applicants should
- Have excellent technical, analytical and drafting skills and attention to detail
- Have an ability to work under pressure with limited supervision in a multi-disciplinary environment
- A pragmatic approach and an ability to assess and quantify commercial risk
- Collegiate and collaborative approach; ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to support the efficient use of resources within the Legal team
- Flexible and willing to take on work in new or unfamiliar practice areas
The salary will be commensurate with the level of experience . If you may be interested in this in house role or any other in house roles please call Susan McNulty on 0796 7751440 or email her.