Commercial In House Solicitor
Our client based in Sheffield a leader in its field is looking to recruit a Commercial Lawyer with strong commercial contracts experience ideally gained from a Commercial, Projects or Construction background. The construction background can be from a contentious or non contentious background.
The key responsibilities for the role to include the below. The client is aware that some applicants will not have experience of dealing with all the legal areas outlines below.That is okay as long as the applicants have the desire and transferable skill set to be able to undertake new areas of legal work
- Reviewing customer terms and conditions and advising management on risk profiles prior to submission of tenders for projects.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts for the sale of large scale international projects.
- Contract interpretation and dispute support to Project Management colleagues to resolve claims.
- Domestic and international travel to other offices and to customer sites.
- Proactive management and mitigation of legal and commercial risks by applying detailed corporate rules/governance processes and supporting the business in compliance with the same.
- Delivering training on internal contract standards and also on wider legal and compliance topics to key personnel.
- Managing external counsel where applicable.
- Cooperating with colleagues in other jurisdictions to provide support on English law topics and to ensure international projects are structured according to internal tax advice.
- Supporting other business contract matters (e.g. exceptional procurement cases; consortium agreements; NDAsNDAs; cooperation and R&D agreements).
- Fully qualified solicitor practising in England and Wales.
- At least 3- 4 years post qualification experience with national/international law firm and/or in-house legal team of multinational company.
- Experience in advising on and drafting contracts
- Strong communication and decision making skills; highly motivated team player
The salary will be market rate. If you might be interested in this in house role in Sheffield please call Susan McNulty on 0796 7751440/ 0113 2437730 or if you are interested in any other in house roles in the North.