4 days left
- Experience Level
- Junior Level
Are you looking to make your first move in-house? Do you want a role that gives you access to key business stakeholders? Do you want to work for a dynamic leading international education provider?
If you replied yes to all of the above, we would love to hear from you.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a qualified solicitor with at least 2 years' of experience working at a top law firm or in-house on a wide variety of commercial contract related matters including supplier terms and conditions, consumer terms and conditions, IT Contracts (including data processing) and service agreements. Some corporate and data protection experience would also be beneficial as would exposure to working with international clients.
What will the role entail?
- Drafting, reviewing, amending and negotiating varied types of agreements and business communications.
- Supporting the Associate General Counsels by acting as primary legal contact for certain business stakeholders and driving important projects
- Taking ownership for the business units you partner with, which involves other UK & Ireland sites as well as our international sites.
- Creating and updating relevant Company policies and templates
- Be willing to take responsibility for items which are outside of the normal scope of your remit from time to time
- Working closely with the other 5 members of the UK legal department on team projects and objectives as well as ensuring the team continues to be aligned to provide consistent advice to all business units
- Maintaining the high profile of the legal department throughout the business and encouraging early legal involvement in projects and decision making
To be considered for the role, you will need:
- Legal qualification gained within the UK or other jurisdiction
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with commercial contracts
- Excellent technical legal skills, especially drafting and interpretative abilities.
- Highly commercial and constructive problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work with a degree of autonomy, taking the initiative and proactively managing tasks
- A well-rounded personality, able to build & maintain strong relationships with important business stakeholders, as well as other members of the wider Legal team
- A willingness to operate out of your comfort zone and to play a proactive role in developing the Company’s legal function
Our business at Kaplan International is high quality, for-profit global education. Part of Graham Holdings and a division of Kaplan Inc., Kaplan International educates students from more than 100 countries across the English-speaking world. Our programmes encompass English language training, university preparation, professional education as well as full bachelors and masters degrees. Our classrooms are diverse, stimulating learning environments which promote high levels of educational attainment and foster intercultural understanding. For more information on what we do, please check out our careersite. Our global head office is in Kensington Village, a beautiful office complex 5 minutes from West Kensington and 10 minutes from Olympia and Earl’s Court.
Please apply with CV and cover letter by 28th May.