Senior Legal Counsel - Global Engineering Business, West Sussex
Our client is an international manufacturing engineering business.
- Provision of legal support, contribution to tender submissions and negotiation of contracts where appropriate;
- Drafting legal agreements that align with Group policies, mitigate risks and maximise rights;
- Dealing with complex significant matters that cut across legal and related areas; and
- Adherence to group policies, and support Group Head of Risk with the integration of such policies into the Automotive EMEA Business.
Miscellaneous "in house law" - this is a fast paced in house role which is likely to throw up a broad spectrum of commercial and legal challenges. The candidate will be required to deal with a plethora of legal issues on a first instance basis and have a healthy attitude to risk.
The successful candidate is likely:
- to be a UK or Common Law jurisdiction with more than five years PQE;
- to have trained trained at top-tier firm or alternatively within a respected in house legal team within heavy industry; and
- to have experience of working on cross border commercial transactions.
Experience of providing legal support on consultancy projects is preferable but not pre-requisite.
Salary, Car Allowance, Bonus and other miscellaneous benefits