Private Client Associate
My client, a Tier 1 ranked Private Client department on one of the City's leading law firms is looking to add to its team.
* Advising a significantly wealthy non-domiciled family in relation to UK and non-UK trusts and in particular on the ramifications of one member of the family becoming US tax resident (with US advisers).
* Advising on and implementing a UK IHT mitigation plan for a family owning substantial commercial property. As the corporate department and our private client team grow, our aim is to recruit astute, commercially minded and client facing associates to represent the Fladgate brand. We offer exceptional training, individual marketing plans and a transparent career development track through to partnership.
* As an associate in the private client team, your role is to provide an excellent service to clients, through solution-based advice, inspiring trust and confidence and being available and actively engaged in clients' issues. The role involves advising clients on a broad range of private wealth matters, often with a tax focus, and supporting partners and other fee earners, in both the private client team and the property/corporate departments.
* You will work under partner supervision on a broad range of matters dealing with a demanding international high net worth client base.
Duties will include:
* Advising on and implementing bespoke tax and estate planning solutions for UHNW/HNWs, particularly non-UK resident/non-dom and UK resident/non-dom individuals and families;
* Advising on capital gains tax, income tax, inheritance tax and stamp duty land tax and associated issues (e.g. compliance and reporting requirements), usually in the context of family wealth structures;
* Tax planning for non-residents, including the use and UK taxation of offshore wealth holding structures such as trusts and companies, and cross-border issues;
* Succession planning for individuals and businesses; and
* Advising on strategic aspects of wills (including drafting), and estate and trust administration.
General Responsibilities within the role include:
* Dealing directly with clients and taking primary responsibility for cases or specific tasks;
* Taking work from a number of partners and associates and managing workload;
* Drafting all documentation, observing house style;
* Meeting all financial targets;
* Assisting in business development and marketing initiatives;
* Supervising junior members of the department including paralegals and trainees where required; and
* Keeping up to date with developments in the law and contributing to department training initiatives.