Commercial and Data Protection In-House Counsel (Global)
Data Protection and Privacy Counsel (Global)
A vibrant cutting-edge global listed B2C technology company, one of the most advanced, fastest growing and most secure businesses in its sector is looking for a talented commercial or data protection and privacy counsel to join their international legal team. With employees of over 100 nationalities, its people and their development is at the heart of this organisation’s culture.
This is a dynamic role focusing on providing legal advice on data privacy matters with some scope to work on other legal matters (commercial, corporate, regulatory). Your responsibilities will include developing, managing and facilitating the company’s global privacy programme and providing legal advice on data privacy matters under EU, APAC and US privacy and cybersecurity laws. You will advise the business on consumer privacy issues, potential data incidents, data sharing initiatives and any relevant business initiatives which involve personal data. You will review, draft and amend data privacy and security contract clauses and prepare data processing agreements and work with other members of the legal department, compliance and IT Security teams to streamline coordination on privacy related matters.
- 2-5 years of experience as a data protection lawyer / counsel or commercial lawyer / counsel with data protection and privacy experience
- Pragmatic approach and excellent skills at advising non-legal stakeholders
- Relevant qualifications (CIPP or equivalent) would be of value
What is special
- A fantastic opportunity to enjoy Southeast Asia - while developing your career at a reputable and exciting company
- Energetic, fast-paced, meritocratic atmosphere with uber-smart team
- Open, fast-paced and flexible international work environment
- Ample opportunities to take ownership, experiment, try new ideas and grow professionally
- A fun place to work full of passionate people
- Supportive and open senior leadership without being obtrusive or micromanaging
- Data driven execution - you’ll be able to create impact in a very measured way, learning what works and what doesn’t
- Opportunities to use cutting-edge tools and develop highly efficient internal systems - your way
- A chance to learn new perspectives from people from different countries and backgrounds
- Culturally diverse colleagues, smart and willing to challenge your ideas in order to get to something better
In return you can expect
- Competitive remuneration
- Relocation support
- Excellent work-life balance
Please apply below or via Found Legal website / email contact page. The recruitment process is fast and efficient (2-3 meetings) with immediate feedback from interviewers. We have strong relationship with the hiring team so will advise whether this organisation would be the best fit to your skills, experience and aspirations. Once shortlisted, will receive extensive preparation and guidance for every interview.
Found Legal practice strict confidentiality in all communication and will never share your CV or any other details with any third party until we discuss an opportunity with you.
Suppliers to Fortune 100 and FTSE 100-350 organisations, Found Legal put you in front of dream career opportunities. We focus on placing legal professionals with world-class in house legal teams. To keep updated on new vacancies *follow* our feed on LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/company/found-legal
Have you worked in the IT sector? Please upload your CV on our website or email us at info[at]found.legal for confidential roles in the UK, wider EMEA and APAC.