Obelisk is an award-winning legal services provider and an active member of the London tech community, providing flexible legal solutions to global law firms and in-house legal teams of FTSE100 companies.
We have developed a unique flexible working model, designed to benefit everyone. Our lawyers, who work on a freelance basis, are skilled and experienced legal professionals who choose to work differently. We are the only legal business in the FT Future 100 UK, a list recognising businesses who make a positive impact on society. Our clients need expert legal services to grow their business and trust the quality and culture fit of lawyers who work with us.
Our client, a top 100 UK law firm, is looking for someone who can take over the running of contentious construction matters (primarily adjudication) and provide assistance to the team on other ad hoc contentious matters. You will need to be comfortable dealing with the Construction Act requirements, adjudication procedure, payment and extension of time claims, and defects claims and familiar with all main standard form contracts. You will also be required to deal with non-contentious issues including advising on and drafting amendments to standard form contracts, bonds, guarantees and collateral warranties, consultant appointments and construction provisions of agreements for lease and development agreements and due diligence of construction documentation on property and corporate transactions.
This 3 - 4 months London based role has a start date of June 2019. The commitment is 5 days/week - however, there may be scope for flexible working arrangements.
Benefits of being an Obelisk Consultant
- We offer outstanding access to jobs with top-tier legal teams, both in-house at large global corporations and in private practice with large City firms.
- Our Consultant Team connects you with client jobs and provides one-on-one support to help you win the roles you are interested in.
- You take control over how you want to work as a freelance lawyer, combining your professional goals with your personal priorities.
- We provide all our lawyers with access to continuing education and professional development, helping you pursue your professional goals and build your portfolio.
- We are a business with a purpose, leading the way in the legal industry with our Corporate Social Responsibility policy and advocacy for diversity.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV using the ‘Apply’ button.
If you would like to know more about other opportunities that Obelisk offers in confidence, then please get in touch via email@example.com