£Competitive + Flexible Working
Obelisk is an award-winning legal services provider and an active member of the London tech community, providing flexible legal solutions to law firms and in-house legal teams of FTSE100 companies.
We have developed a unique flexible working model, designed to benefit everyone. Our lawyers, who work on a freelance basis, are skilled and experienced legal professionals who choose to work differently. We are the only legal business in the FT Future 100 UK, a list recognising businesses who make a positive impact on society.
Our client, an international law firm, requires interim support in their Employment, Compensation & Benefits Group in London. This role will provide assistance to partners and senior lawyers on matters arising in the course of day-to-day provision of legal services to clients. Other duties include:
- Drafting and reviewing HR related documents, including employment contracts, consultancy agreements, equity incentive plans and bonus plans
- Conducting due diligence on the employment, incentives and pension aspects of major M&A corporate/private equity transactions and advising on the implications of a transaction on existing arrangements.
- Advising on and implementing new equity and/or cash based incentives arrangements, both in a transactional and non-transactional context, including advising on associated employee tax, securities and regulatory issues
- Advising on the recruitment and termination of key executives, domestic and cross-border reorganisations, redundancy exercises and transfers of employees
Although benefits and incentives experience would be helpful for this role, it is not essential. You need to be available due to commence work in May 2019 for 3 - 6 months, working 4 or 5 days a week with some remote working available. You will also need to be qualified in England & Wales. A right to work and reside in the UK is essential.
Becoming an Obelisk Consultant
- We offer outstanding access to jobs with top-tier legal teams, both in-house at large global corporations and in private practice with large City firms.
- Our Consultant Team connects you with client jobs and provides one-on-one support to help you win the roles you are interested in.
- You take control over how you want to work as a freelance lawyer, combining your professional goals with your personal priorities.
- We provide all our lawyers with access to continuing education and professional development, helping you pursue your professional goals and build your portfolio.
- We are a business with a purpose, leading the way in the legal industry with our Corporate Social Responsibility policy and advocacy for diversity.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV using the ‘Apply’ button.
If you would like to know more about some of these opportunities in confidence, then please get in touch via email@example.com