Legal Counsel, global technology business
Arbuthnot Yon are working exclusively with an international technology business which provides its services to global brands. The business is experiencing significant growth and has doubled its turnover in the last 12 months.
A new opportunity has arisen for a Legal Counsel to join the established legal team which support the business in the UK and also internationally. Reporting into the General Counsel you would have a broad commercially focused role which would involve drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, customer agreements, advising on data protection, IP / trademark issues and compliance. Having said that if you would like to develop experience or get exposure to a particular area then there is an ability to focus on what is of interest.
Examples of projects you would get involved in include:
- Negotiation and drafting of supplier contracts, including software, hardware and services;
- Negotiation and drafting of responses to requests for proposals and requests for information, non-disclosure agreements and third-party marketing agencies;
- Legal support for HR – Negotiation and drafting of agency and recruiter agreements;
- Legal support for the international business – Advising on ad-hoc legal queries, reviewing international agreements for the sale of software and associated services;
- Management of external legal counsel and IP attorneys;
- General commercial assistance/litigation assistance;
- Providing advice on regulatory and compliance queries;
- Providing advice on and negotiation of data protection clauses in line with GDPR; and
- Providing training to the wider business to upskill knowledge of contract management.
This is a great opportunity to join the established legal team of a successful and growing business where you work closely with the decision makers of a UK based international company. You will have lots of support (if needed) and also get some really good varied commercially focused experience.
For this opportunity we are keen to hear from bright, enthusiastic lawyers who are looking to join a business and undertake a commercially focused role. We will be flexible in relation to level and experience and will consider lawyers coming from a commercial, corporate, disputes or property disciplines.
This position is based in Coventry, you will have flexibility to work from home once a week and enjoy a good work life balance!
For further information please contact Victoria Moore at Arbuthnot Yon on email@example.com or 07971666134