Legal Counsel - Gibraltar
A fantastic and rare opportunity has arisen for a Legal Counsel (NQ - 3 years' PQE) to join a leading online lotteries provider in Gibraltar. The company seek a highly motivated in-house Legal Counsel with a keen focus on commercial contracts, compliance & regulation and intellectual property to support the Senior Legal Counsel and work closely with the General Counsel and Management Board.
As Legal Counsel, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Preparing/negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts from a basic NDA to complex multi-party and jurisdictional supply chain agreements.
- Advising each of the business areas on a range of commercial, advertising and marketing, intellectual property, brand, privacy and data protection, e-commerce and IT issues.
- Management of the Group's IP portfolio including domains, trademarks and designs.
- To provide the business with commercial legal advice, particularly in the areas of regulatory affairs, legal risk management, media, litigation and commercial contracts.
- Continually maintaining standard terms of business, software licences, privacy policies.
- Meet KPI's and provide internal reports to track ongoing progress of legal matters for management.
If you see this as the exciting next step within your career, then you will need the following experience skills and qualifications to be successful:
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Collaborative, proactive, commercial, creative and passionate about our product / business model.
- Able to manage a fast-paced and heavy workload through effective prioritisation and expectation management, whilst showing a good sense of humour and a "can do" approach.
- NQ - 3 years' PQE lawyer qualified in UK / Australia / Germany / Gibraltar / Malta having worked within an international law firm, and/or within an online gaming company and/or a large company.
- Good knowledge of commercial contract law.
- Confident personality with the ability to challenge stakeholders in a professional manner, as well as communicating to junior members of the team.
- Ideally have experience of general commercial law, IP rights and a working knowledge of corporate, marketing and advertising laws would be an advantage.
- Team player with ability to build relationships with colleagues across the business.
- You will be fluent in English (written and oral).
- This position will offer a real breadth of work within an exciting sector and thriving company.
The Location - Gibraltar:
Gibraltar is one of the European centres for online gambling companies and our headquarters with more than 200 employees is located here. Employees benefit from the location at the southern tip of the Iberian Peninsula. Southern Spain offers a variety of recreational opportunities and supports an active lifestyle. From the surfing paradise Tarifa, the Mediterranean and Atlantic beaches and the skiing resort in Sierra Nevada, there is something for everyone. For families with children, there are excellent English speaking schools in various locations. This allows you to easily combine excellent career development opportunities with a leisure-oriented lifestyle.
- Attractive Salary + Performance Bonus
- Relatively low income tax in Gibraltar
- 25 holidays and 12 public holidays per year
- International medical insurance including optical and dental care
- Attractive offices in the best location
- Comprehensive "Relocation Package" with support for relocation and housing search.
- The company is a dynamic, creative and technologically advanced organisation.
- Passion for innovation is a strength that is valued in company employees.
- Managers need to inspire and develop their teams to get the most out of them.
- Putting customers first is key to the company's success as is collaboration across the business.
- Employees are empowered to do their best but held accountable for their actions.
- Honesty, integrity and trust are a given.