General Counsel / Head of Legal
This highly international software development business operates at the cutting edge of its field, and is looking to hire a General Counsel to play a key role in the legal and commercial affairs of the business as it moves forward.
We are looking to for someone who can offer strategic leadership, and balance commercial acumen with best practice and legal compliance to support overall commercial success. Daily duties of the General Counsel will include the following:
- Manage and coordinate the small legal team, including budgets and expenditure.
- Handle corporate governance matters for the business and all other subsidiaries globally.
- Advise the Board of Directors and senior management, providing updates on the law and attending board meetings
- Review and negotiating all types of large scale commercial contracts, in particular key client agreements
- Advise on other internal legal matters, such as data protection, privacy, information security, employment and intellectual property.
This role reports to the CEO and will best suit a self-starting individual who is interested in more than just the legal aspects of corporate life.
To succeed in this role you'll most likely already be an experienced in house commercial lawyer, ideally with some familiarity in the technology sectors, and having managed a small team. International experience is very much sought after, as is experience in a dynamic and fast moving business.
You will be a self starting individual, a 'do-er', not just a manager. This role is seen as a leadership position within the business and you'll need to demonstrate the interpersonal skills and drive to hold such a position. You'll need exacting attention to detail, highly developed communication skills, and the ability to negotiate to success with internal and external stakeholders. Alongside your legal skills you'll need commercial acumen and experience in implementing strategic plans.
The role is Yorkshire base, and very well remunerated, including bonus and car allowance
Sounds challenging? It is! And if you like the sound of the challenge, and would like to know more, then please get in touch without delay. Interviews are already taking place.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.