Corporate / Employment Lawyer - Qatar
Due to the continued growth of my Magic Circle Law Firm client, their Corporate group in Qatar, is now looking for a junior associate to work across their Corporate / Commercial and Employment teams. This is an exciting opportunity with scope for personal and professional development, which is suited to an ambitious and motivated candidate. The role would be based in Doha, with some travel to Oman when required.
The main responsibilities are as follows:
- advising a wide range of clients (often household name multinational corporations) on the structuring and re-structuring of their operations in the MENA region;
- providing clients with advice on a wide range of compliance and corporate governance matters;
- drafting letters of advice and reports on corporate structuring, establishment options, restructuring and a wide range of other matters;
- working closely with and supervising paralegals within the Corporate team;
- assisting the Knowledge Management team with Corporate precedents and capturing related know-how; and
- assisting in marketing the firm's Corporate capability.
- Advising clients on compliance with local laws and regulations. Instructing and liaising with correspondent law firms across the region;
- Providing advice and support to clients on a full range of employment and immigration matters, including recruitment and sponsorship procedures, remuneration and benefits packages, grievance and disciplinary procedures and issues arising on the termination of employment.
- Supporting the corporate department with employment issues arising out of transactions, such as undertaking employment due diligence, drafting warranties and indemnities in agreements and the transfer of employees;
- Drafting and amending employment contracts, employee handbooks, policies and procedures and other employment related documentation;
- Interacting directly with local and international clients from a wide range of sectors;
- Contributing to the employment practice's know how and precedents system.