Experienced Corporate Lawyer
Elevate are recruiting an Experienced Corporate Lawyer to join a 9- partner strong corporate team within a transaction focussed London law firm.
The firm is ranked in Tier 1 by Legal 500 for M&A deals up to £50m and has one of the strongest VC practices in the city, acting for some of the leading tech VC houses. This position results from a growing and active client base and a requirement to grow the team to meet current and future activity levels. We are looking for a positive and motivated individual who takes pride in delivering a high level of support to our team and clients. Candidates need to be flexible, able to multi-task and be keen to develop their skills and knowledge.
Specifically you will be:
- Working on a range of private M&A, private equity and venture capital matters for institutional and other firm clients
- Leading transactions with appropriate support, working alongside the partners
- Drafting, reviewing and amending key transaction documents
- Supervising and guiding junior members of the team
- There will be opportunities to participate in business development events to help develop the team.
Skills for Success:
- Ability to work well under pressure and to balance and prioritise a range of tasks, projects and deadlines.
- Commitment to quality and excellence.
- People Skills – approachable, professional, engaging and calm. Able to work well in a team and to build strong relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Proactivity – a self-starter, a ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to work with autonomy.
- Excellent legal training gained at a leading mid-market London or regional law firm, specialising in M&A and PE/VC work. As a guide, the successful candidate is likely to have between five and seven years PQE, although we will consider other candidates with lesser or greater experience who can demonstrate that they have the qualities we are looking for.
Elevate is the law company. We provide consulting, technology and services to law departments and law firms. Our global team of lawyers, engineers, consultants and business experts improve efficiency, quality and outcomes for customers worldwide. Elevate’s achievements and distinctions include:
- Ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies two years in a row.
- Ranked as a top Global Services Provider by Chambers & Partners three years in a row.
- Lead Partner of the FT Innovative Lawyers Awards.