Elevate are recruiting an Associate Lawyer for a commercial team within a strong, transaction focussed London law firm.
This is a new position, with an emphasis on attracting a positive and motivated individual who takes pride in delivering a high level of support to our team and clients.
The Associate Lawyer reports to the Head of the Commercial Practice and supports the Commercial and Corporate Teams.
Candidates need to be flexible, able to multi-task and be keen to develop their skills and knowledge.
Specifically you will be:
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing a range of commercial contracts including distribution and agency agreements, standard terms and conditions of sale and supply, consulting agreements, data processing agreements, non-disclosure agreements, IP assignments and IT agreements.
- Providing due diligence support on IP, commercial and Data Protection issues in Corporate M&A and Investment deals.
- Other ad-hoc duties, including article writing and participation in client-facing and business development events as required by the partners to help develop the team.
- Supervising and guiding junior members of the team.
Skills for Success:
- Excellent legal training gained at a leading mid-market London or regional law firm, specialising in IP and general commercial work. As a guide, the successful candidate is likely to have between three and four years PQE, although we will consider other candidates with lesser or greater experience who can demonstrate that they have the qualities we are looking for.
- Experience of advising on a range of IP, contract, GDPR and data protection issues.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to balance and prioritise a range of tasks, projects and deadlines.
- Commitment to quality and excellence.
- People Skills – approachable, professional, engaging and calm. Able to work well in a team and to build strong relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Proactivity – a self-starter, a ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to work with autonomy.
- IT Skills – able to work with Outlook and our internal systems (training will be provided).
Elevate is the law company. We provide consulting, technology and services to law departments and law firms. Our global team of lawyers, engineers, consultants and business experts improve efficiency, quality and outcomes for customers worldwide. Elevate’s achievements and distinctions include:
- Ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies two years in a row.
- Ranked as a top Global Services Provider by Chambers & Partners three years in a row.
- Lead Partner of the FT Innovative Lawyers Awards.