Locum Planning Lawyer
A Planning Lawyer is needed to assist a large London Local Authority for a long term, flexible locum contract offering a fantastic hourly rate.
This is a hands on job requiring you to lead on all aspects of the Council's legal work and to get involved in training departments served by your team. The client is looking to hire a real team player who can bring with them strong knowledge and expertise that the team can really benefit from.
Your hours of work are open to negotiation and you will be welcome to work from home for a couple of days too. This is a long term locum contract and we would like to appoint someone willing to commit for at least six months, although this post could be extended for a much longer period of time.
To be successful in this post you will need the following/be:
- A qualification as a Solicitor, Barrister or Legal Executive and have a current practicing certificate
- A minimum of 2 year's Post Qualification Experience
- The ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business
- Detailed knowledge and experience of law and practice relating to planning legal work
- Experience of conducting cases through the Courts and Tribunals together with experience of advocacy
- Have a "Can Do" positive attitude and take responsibility for delivering results
- Be invested in the personal development of other and take actions to develop other's capability and knowledge
This local authority is based in West London and is easily reached. The council offices are a short work from the tube station (Metropolitan and Piccadilly lines). There is also plenty of parking available close by.
An hourly rate of £40 - £52 per hour is offered for this post, depending upon your experience.
To apply for this role please call Emily Bulman, Public Sector Lead Consultant on 0121 200 5575 for an informal discussion about you, your background and further details about this position. Alternatively, you can email Emily on email@example.com with a copy of your CV.
We look forward to hearing from you
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.