Senior Legal Counsel – Household Name Business
A globally recognised organisation who are experiencing substantial growth worldwide. They operate in several product markets and have become a popular household name.
A new role has been created in this global legal team for a lawyer to oversee advice to their northern European businesses. You will ensure that senior management in UK, Ireland and Benelux regions receive support on a broad range of legal matters.
- Legal advice to the business on commercial, competition, marketing, sales, procurement, outsourcing, data protection, consumer matters, product regulation and R&D
- Draft and negotiate a range of agreements
- Manage claims against third parties and advice on defending them for the business
- Advice on regulatory matters
- Overseeing a more junior lawyer
The Ideal Candidate
- Suit a qualified solicitor with between 4-8 years PQE*
- A sound understanding of all aspects of commercial contract law and the ability to apply that knowledge in a business environment
- Ability to negotiate and draft a range of commercial contracts
- Able to handle litigation in the UK and Europe desirable but not essential
- An appetite to learn new skills and upskill in new areas of the law
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Good project management skills
- Self-starter, able to operate with minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Confidence and gravitas to challenge decisions
*All applicants will be considered on merit
If you are interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, to
Jacqui Douglas at email@example.com If the role isn’t right for you but you are interested in hearing about similar positions or some advice regarding the market, then please do get in touch on 015394 46666.
By submitting a job application to us, you agree to the storage of your personal data by Mckenzie Douglas. This information may have been provided by you directly or collected from generally accessible sources (e.g. professional and social media sites) throughout the entire application process. To facilitate Mckenzie Douglas carrying out recruitment services on your behalf, you agree to your data being saved after the application process has ended. You may revoke your consent to this agreement at any time. The Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and GDPR. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.